The Australian Tennis Open is leading the way when it comes to the future of loyalty programs? This is my “Artball”, an NFT project from Tennis Australia for the Australian Open 2023. You buy an Artball and it entitles you to all sorts of fun things inc:
-2 complimentary 7-day ground passes for AO23
– Invites to Artball holder parties
– Getting involved with a community of Artball holders
– New 3D match point viewing experience
But this is the NFT that keeps on giving well after AO23 inc:
– Opportunity to win tix to AO24
– Opportunity to mint a collaborator ball which will hold exclusive benefits relevant to that collaborator
– Get on “allow lists” for collaborator collections
– Future invites to tech/web3 conferences
I love tennis and it is great to see Ridley Plummer and the Tennis Australia Team do such innovative things for the fans. Last year’s NFT project for AO22 was ranked as one of the top 10 best NFT projects globally. Given the uplift in things you get with the Artball this year it seems likely to be Top 10 in 2023 too.
Thanks also to the whole Tennis Australia Team for an amazing event. Got to a few matches and the Women’s Final was fantastic. Sabalenka and Rybakina were both amazing and it could have gone either way.
2023 will be big for corporate NFT projects. The California Dept of Motor Vehicles just announced a trial using NFTs for car titles (any form of title/register of ownership is a great use-case for NFT tech). If you are an in-house lawyer, let me know if you are interested in a copy of our “Global Guide to Web3, NFTs and the Metaverse for In-house Legal Teams”